Monday, January 24, 2011

Organizational Tip to Inspire Creativity

A couple of months ago I bought some old muffin tins at an antique store planning on using them for storage of some sort (though honestly I was more likely going to store them in a pile with all the other stuff I collect from antique stores and thrift shops!). They sat there until last week when while cleaning up my studio I got this great idea to use those muffin tins to collect items of similar colors to create sort of an inspiration "board"/palette thing (I'm not sure what to even call it) Sort of a jumping off point for a project. I figure if I can organize the items into c
olors I am currently inspired by and keep the tins on my desk I may just use them! So I did that with red/teal/yellow color palette I'm really into lately and a tin of neutrals - kraft/white/brown/metals. It's a great in
expensive way to organize and inspire you to use some of those items you have laying around! Now all I have to do is find some paper and I will have all the matching embellishments already picked out!
If this is your first time to my blog - Welcome! I would love for you to become a follower of my blog or my facebook page!(see link on right side of my blog!)

This post is linked here:
handmade projectsThe DIY Show OffThe Girl Creativemmm buttonMakingPhotobucketKeeping It Simple

13 comments:

Blessed Ladybug said...

very nice it's so amazing how crafters can take regular - house hold item and use then in out creative insipration rooms...

Anonymous said...

Great idea!

Teje said...

Hi, you have found very good idea for those lovely antiques! Beautiful and practical!

robindefender said...

THat's a cute idea... and it's always nice to have your embellies where you can see them and be inspired by them. I wish I could do something like that, but a tin like that would just be an invitation to Spike the kitty. She'd think they were there for her to browse and plunder at her pleasure!

Leslie said...

what a fun idea.

Anonymous said...

two of my favorite things, organization and crafting! you've been added to my reader, i'm a fellow richmond craft girl named carley, nice to meet ya!

Faith Maupin said...

Fantastic idea!

Kathy Martin said...

How fun! Great idea! :)

my4blessings said...

What a creative idea! Those are really cool tins.

Tina said...

a girl after my own heart...I do this too...I think it's a love of vintage finds (muffi tin) and a need to hold more embellishmnts...great idea and love your color combos..

tina
mommy scraps alot

DANA said...

That's great! If you have not been by yet, make sure you enter my linky contest! The best of January 2011 will be showered with prizes! I also have some great Valentines giveaways going on right now!

http://www.thesaturdaymorningsblog.com/2011/01/strut-your-stuff-link-up-party.html

Francine said...

What a cool idea! I'm pretty sure I will do something simialr today!

This will be up on Craft Gossip today too :)

Francine

carla66 said...

This is a fantastic idea! bye bye ^-^